Saturday, April 21, 2007

Closer....








yay!








Granite was installed this week. Now we just need to do hardware, and the floors are being delivered Monday. Woot! Almost everything is put away (FINALLY!) and working on the decorating...








this is the left side of the office. One of the bottom cabinets has a 'mixer lift' that my sewing machine is on- it's basically a table within the cabinets that swings out and pops up, so the sewing machine can stay put away when not in use. There's also a second desk area under the message board where a chair goes. All of the upper cabinets are just regular cabinets- I have lots of baskets in there... I figure later I can show interior pics. :) The candy jars are from Pottery Barn and the photo boxes are from Michael's...and you can see my new little vintage camera from PB in the corner too :)
This is the computer area, of course :)
More storage area, and this back wall goes to counter height. I wanted to be able to sit sometimes, and stand sometimes when I was working on stuff, so I got both. And the cabinets below here have 2 12x12 file cabinets, with a shelf above them. The last storage part on the rigth has fabric, and all of our games in it.

Then, of course, there's the scissors. :) On the opposite wall the corkboards and pegboards will go when they come in, and we bought a table and chairs for the kids that will go in this corner for them to work on projects, too. That's it! My new space! Lovin' it... oh, and on the back wall, I plan on putting b&w photos of the family across it.... just haven't gotten the photos printed yet...

11 comments:

Kache said...

Very pretty, those giant scissors are cracking me up

Susan said...

gorgeous! enjoy!

Colleen said...

omg! love the giant scissors. where did you find those?! Love the room. If I ever get to visit, can I stay with you and just sleep in there? :O)

Colleen

Anonymous said...

Drool...

Breana said...

i've said it before and i'm gonna again...so jealous! and do tell where you got those cool a$$ scissors!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

Carrie

Rachel said...

I love your room...those scissors are awesome..where did you find them???

shannon said...

great space!!

Jaime said...

OMG Heather! Where did you get those boxes?? Those look exactly like the ones I just bought at Michaels this weekend on my big trip to the CITY for the Scrap Convention. They were a screaming deal, so I had to get them! LOVE your area, like Lisa said..."DROOL"!

Tracey Taylor said...

WOWZERS!!! What a great space.

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely amazing Heather!! It's all so gorgeous - I LOVE the scissors!!!