Wednesday, January 02, 2008

carrier monkeys....

Shelley pointed out this morning that every time we have a gathering at my house, I get sick. NYE would be no different. But I ended the evening with no injuries, and that was my goal!

Had a great time for New Year's, save for some family drama at the end... boo on that. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it all blows over, but only time will tell.

Other than that, we had the usual fondue and fireworks. This was the first year that Cameron got to stay up for it all- he had a great time, but was ready to pass out by 10. :) Oh, we learned that you need to snuff the burner right away when making the cheese fondue with the sterno pots. We usually make it in the electric ones, but this year did them in the sterno ones, and it resulted in some really awful smelling burnt cheese. Blech!

By the time we came in from the fireworks, it was a little past midnight, so we actually missed the countdown, and this is the first year I didn't get the pictures of everyone kissing :) Boo.

Hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's, and best wishes for a fabulous 2008!


12 comments:

shannon said...

happy new year. and ew on burnt cheese!

Cathy said...

Happy New Year! Looks like you all had a good time!

I'd just throw that pan away myself!
(you look hot in that picture)

The Sonboul's said...

Happy New Year. I love those fire works pictures!!! fun family pics too!

Carla said...

Great photos.........looks like you guys had plenty of food and laughs......thanks for sharing with us! I for one have no pictures from New Years because I was home in my jammies and asleep by 11:00 LOL

Anonymous said...

Jensen passed out at 10. We played a board game watched the countdown and went to bed. (Very exciting huh?)

Rachel said...

Happy New Year Heather!!

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Rita said...

Looks like we missed a good one! My daughter pretty much summed up our exciting night here in the frozen north. Thanks for sharing the pics. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Looks like I'm not your only Portuguese friend ;) Let me know if you want me to translate that comment for ya! LOL

Another fabulous NYE at the Kellers, except for that burnt cheese, ewww. Love the pics!

Brandy said...

Yeah, we got screwed on the cheese with the burning and I assume yall ate the chocolate at like 1 in the morning since I got screwed on that. But the meat, if I could just sit by myself and keep 6 sticks in there just for me, that could have been heaven. Dylan says thanks for the fireworks...

Breana said...

that photo of you and the chees rocks. yuck though. hope all family drama is resolved now!

Kelly Goree Photography said...

LOL I have that same Southern Living plate ;) lol Love me some Southern Living! Happy New Year, Heather! :)