Friday, January 26, 2007

adjusting...

to a 4 year old who no longer takes a nap, and a 17 month old who is down to one nap a day. Adjusting to life with a little less of that peace ( I don't know why I call it peace, because usually when they're napping I'm frantically trying to hurry up and finish something while they sleep. I guess it's peace for them.) and the fact that my kids are growing just a little more.

My son is beginning the reading stages- putting the letters together, and constantly asking how things are spelled. We read all the time. He has now memorized his phone number and address, and just loves to call the house from my cell phone and leave a message- it's SO hilarious! He loves the computer and is officially 4 1/2 on Monday. His preschool celebrates half birthdays for those who have summer ones, so they make a poster and send it home for us to decorate with pictures all about them, and they bring in a treat. Pretty neat. Didn't get a great picture with a wiggling toddler in the other hand.

Megan turned 17 months on Thursday- geez.... you want to talk about Tazmanian Devil, come see Miss Megs in action. That girl can fly from one perilous feat to another before you can blink!

She's sat on the potty a couple of times now, but I believe it's purely to humor me. She's a sly little thing, that Megan, and loves to feel like she's getting away with something. We take the trash out when it's half full, because anything above that Megan can reach in and grab bring and smear around the house. She eats more than Cameron does on any given day... I have no idea where it goes, but the girl can chow. I give her anything and everything- she'll even eat a raw onion and not bat an eye (look, after a while curiosity gets the best of you- you just want to see what she won't eat). She definitely keeps me on my toes throughout the day, and cracks me up continuously. This stage is so fun- even when they're being terrors, I can't help but laugh!

I've been keeping busy with the overalls and outfits- just when I start to think I'm almost finished, some other orders come in- it's fun though and it makes me feel good that people love them. :) Brandy and I decided to register a domain and get a logo together, for nothing in particular at the moment, but who knows what the future may hold... for now, I'm just going to get some clothing tags for the outfits, for care instructions and such. Anyways, my friend Tiffany has been working on a logo- I'll have to share once it's done to get opinions!

Off to a busy weekend- FIL, Nick's and Alisha's birthday....Brent's going out tonight, and tomorrow Cam's got karate and tomorrow night Brandy, Sabrina and I are going out with Alisha to celebrate her birthday. Sunday the guys are going to the car show with my FIL (annual tradition for his birthday) then the whole clan is going to dinner Sunday night. Somewhere in there I need to fit some scrapping for some things that are due soon, and I'm supposed to go help my SIL register at BRU sometime too... ahh... the slow life....:) have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kids are too stinkin' cute, and you take awesome photos to boot! Love readying your updates.

Enjoy your weekend, sounds busy but fun:)

Carrie

Anonymous said...

your children are GORGEOUS!
she looks so adorable angelic but you can see the sparkle in her eye lol!
love your blog.

Anonymous said...

Your kids are precious..I love reading about them and your posts crack me up!!

Anonymous said...

The kids are too cute and so big! Good luck with the outfits, they're adorable :)

And thanks for the comment on the banner, it's super easy to do!

Anonymous said...

enjoy your weekend. and i love that you gave miss. megs a raw onion!

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the capris and shirt you did for Jensen. And the shirts for Jordan and me. And the hairbows for Jensen. You do too much but I really appreciate it.