Hard to believe in a few short months you'll be two. Your blonde little curls are now growing almost to your shoulders, and your body has been stretching and lengthening...every time I look at you, you look less like a baby and more like a little girl. I can't help but feel a little sad.

And yet, with each new feat, I am proud mama, grinning from ear to ear when I hear you say a new word or accomplish something new.
You now have started nodding your head with gusto. A deliberate motion that lets everyone know just how much you are in agreement with something when asked. Most effectively put in place usually when asked, "Is that good Megan?" It's always accompanied by an adorable grin, so it's become our new favorite thing to do.

Cameron's favorite is telling you to "shhh" with his finger up to his lips, because you turn around and mimic him- it's hilarious. That and " 'cuse you!"- all it took was one time of me saying "Excuse you!" when I found you standing on the coffee table, and it's now your favorite phrase to use on people.
you also love to say "all gone" and "all done" with this cute little shake of both hands anytime you're finished, or someone else is.
I actually got you signed up for a class at Little Gym last month. I feel pretty bad at times for the lack of organized activities I have you in compared to the swarm of them Cameron was in at this age, but it's pretty tough to get going this time around on those things with scheduling, and it's not as if you lack for things to do and never get out. Once Cam starts school full time (*sniff*) in the fall, we'll have some Mommy & Me time that I plan to use for these kind of things though. I don't really think you care either way, but it makes me feel better as a mom to make things a little fair and balanced.Besides, gymnastics are totally up your alley. Read: small children who have no fear of climbing, heights, falling, and are extremely flexible, careful, smart and willing to try anything need apply. That's you! Done deal you're in!
You and your brother absolutely love being outside. I fear this immensely in the coming months, because children seem not to posess the same temperature gauge as adults, and never seem to notice that there is not enough oxygen in the air to breathe, and that it's 105. So I foresee many sweaty days in my future, and lots of pool days. But you could really just swing all day, and be a happy camper. Your brother has gotten down the fine art of pumping himself on the swing, and is quite proud of himself, so between the two of you the playset we gave you two for Christmas gets its use almost daily.
I looked in review, and realized I hadn't done a birthday post since your 18 month, but since I have done little updates here and there in between, I'm not going to go over it all. But your second Easter found you right smack dab in the middle of 'getting' it... you loved the Easter egg hunt at the church, and had NO trouble tearing right into much of the candy you found in those little gems called plastic eggs. You screamed at the Easter bunny though, and wanted absolutely nothing to do with him.That will lead into your other love of food... hasn't changed.... you still have a love affair with it, and we still wonder where it all goes. You know how to circuit a party like no tomorrow, finding the next sucker who give up more food to you. I'm not sure I even want to know how many cookies you consumed at our Memorial Day BBQ, but it was many. very many.
The last few months have seen a few trips to the Children's Museum, the zoo ( you love the water at the museum, and the seals at the zoo), and we've been at the gym almost every day in a vain attmept on my part to look like a superstar, so you have a hour or so away from Mommy, which was quite and adjustment at first, but the ladies in the day care are so sweet, and love on you, and you eat it up, and now run in there with glee when we walk in. Mostly we've just been outdoors as much as possible, trying to enjoy the great spring weather.
This coming weekend will mark you and your brother's first full weekend staying at Gramma's... we're going to Aunt Adrienne's graduation, then up to Dallas for Uncle Stephen's wedding, so you'll be getting spoiled rotten while we're gone. Which makes me feel so much better when I'm missing the two of you like crazy.
You're growing like crazy, and you rock. You're so adorable, and everyone who knows you is smitten. You learn and grow and explore every day, working hard to keep me on my toes! I love you tons Miss Megs- happy birthday!
Love, Mama(pronounced MAAAAMAAAAAAAAA!!!! with authority by you when you want me)
11 comments:
what a wonderful post. i love all the pics...she's such a sweetheart :)
hope you had a great weekend!
too bad your kid isn't very cute. yeah, right. looking more and more like a little lady every day. not acting like it (eats like a big, climbs like a monkey and who knows what else) but she is a cutie
aw, she does look so grown up!
so grown up, adorable!
Carrie
I love your posts to the kids. You are an outstanding mom. You should give lessons. :)
21 months already?? No way! She's so darn cute and I love the way she loves to be picked up by anyone and everyone. And I can attest to seeing her eat many...very many...cookies over the weekend. :-)
Happy birthday miss Megs! Another awesome post from an awesome MAAAAMAAAAAAAAA!!!!
She's just a doll!! Now in about 18 years lets plan a get-together and maybe we can set up Hadley and Megan. :) He's only about a month older.
OMGosh what a doll! ALL of the photos are breathtaking but the one that stole my Texas heart is the one of her tromping through bluebonnets!! PLEASE scrap that one and soon!!! I just love it!
awww, she's so big!!! love these photos!
cute kid! She has momma's eyes!
Post a Comment