Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Happy 8 Month Birthday Megan!

Ahh.... already! It seems like I just wrote the 7 month one! I writing a day late, but I did make sure to get a few pictures of you yesterday (with a BOW in your hair, which apparently has a club of people who don't like them, since I've heard a few confessions ever since the bows picture! Hmph!)

You celebrated your first Easter this month. I'm not divulging what was in your Easter basket, because you most certainly got the shaft. It's so much harder for the Easter bunny to come up with things to shove in an Easter basket for a sibling. *sigh*

I am happy to announce that your drooling has tapered off, so you're not soaking every piece of clothing you have with drool anymore. It has, however, been replaced with this new trick of yours where you suck all the water out of your sippy cup that you can get in your mouth, only to spit it out all over yourself. If nothing else, you amuse your brother doing it. I think you're just destined for wet clothes. That, and you love to razz all the time, and I constantly have to explain to Cameron why it's okay for you to 'spit' and he can't, so I hope we move on from this soon, because life just isn't fair right now.

You now getting into the 'starting position' as I like to call it as soon as I set you down- it looks like you're about ready to take off for a sprint.... except right now you just go backwards.

You're also a human garbage disposal- you will eat anything I put in your mouth, and I think you eat more than your brother does on some days. Your a fabulous food critic- if there's 'normal' food anywhere near you, baby food gets the snub! Only the good stuff will do, and lots of it! You've had some of just about everything now, a heck of a lot more than I ever thought about giving your brother! If we don't give in, (or get the bites to your mouth fast enough) you do this hilariously horrible loud gutteral growl thing that just cracks me up, but embarrasses your Daddy when we're in public, since it makes people look and he hates to have attention drawn to him. But you just give your cute little smile to anyone who pays attention, but just for a second before you go back to grunting at me for food.

We also had the joy of you dislocating your arm this month- I'm sure it was your way to test me and make sure my heart could take the abuse in the years to come when you're a teenager. Definitely gave me a run for the money. All is well, and I have no idea to keep it from happening again, because I have never seen a child in so many different configurations in their crib as you are when I come in. You almost always have at least one limb hanging out, sometimes two, of the side.

The best times with you are when I pick you up, and you snuggle as much as you can into my arm/neck area, drawing your knees up and putting your head my shoulder. Then you stick your thumb in your mouth and let out this little sigh, as if life is perfect, and there is no better place to be than right where you are. Me either, baby. I love you!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy 8 months, Megan! I love how determined she looks in that last pic! So cute!

Jaime said...

Happy Monthday Megan!! You can mark me in the "love the bows" fan club. She is sooo cute. Not too much longer and she'll be on the move. Then all hell breaks loose! (atleast in my case)

Anonymous said...

Happy 8 month bday Meg!!! I love the updates. Can't believe she's 8 months already. Another vote for the bows. I'm living vicariously through you.:)
Carmen

Kache said...

Love that picture of her revving up on the table, happy b-day!

Anonymous said...

Happy bday Megan! I'm loving the bows too and that outfit is so freakin' cute!!

Anonymous said...

So sorry about the bow comment the other day. I've held my tongue all these months, but since someone else brought it up first I couldn't resist chiming in. :-) She's still so cute regardless of what ridiculous hair adornments her mother bestows on her.

R.

Colleen said...

I love your monthly notes to Megan. What a treasure they'll be for her (and you!) when she gets older.

And that last paragraph and the way you described her snuggling brought back a flood of memories, a huge smile and some tears. Nothing quite beats that feeling of your child in your arms as you've so eloquently written.

What an exciting time for all of you! Happy 8 months, Megan!

Brandy said...

Dylan knows Megan is already rearing to go, he felt her wrath yesterday as she raced her walker over him and then lovingly tapped him on the head with her hand as she raced by. He doesn't know what to think of her, whether this is how girls show they like you or what.