

oh, my. Six months has gone by so quick. I know it's such a cliche, but it really has. You're so beautiful (it's totally unbiased I swear) and growing so fast. We're well on our way with the usual baby stuff- you've conquered pretty much all the fruits and veggies in the pureed jars department, and you've also tried some avocado (that color of green looked great on your pink shirt). You have this great habit of sucking on your thumb between bites of food, making a completely unavoidable mess that's quite amazing. The food slowly makes its way down your arm, then you sometimes switch thumbs, continuing the mess journey, then it's slowly all over the high chair and whatever other surroundings you manage to touch.
Your drool is a constant source of amusement. I've been hearing for the last three months that you're going to cut a tooth any day- you'll probably be like your brother and take your time on it.
You're a little bouncing fool, just as your brother was. It's definitely your favorite, and even when you're not in the johnny jump-up, if we hold your hands while you're standing you just bounce in place. You can sit up now, although you still occasionally do the topple over. You don't love being in the car seat so much anymore. It's turned into a mad race between the time I get you strapped in the seat to when we all get loaded up and down the driveway so you don't start nagging. You don't really cry, so when you squawk at us it's more like nagging.
You love to sing along with anyone, anytime we start singing you croon along too- we sound like a bunch of hound dogs in the house. You love to have Cameron sing to you, and play with you. He can get you giggling in no time with his silly antics.
You like to go to sleep on your own- the only time you fall asleep in my arms is occasionally when I'm feeding you, although your Daddy can get you to fall asleep in his arms in no time.
One of your best traits is your love of snuggling. You can smile at me and bury your head in my shoulder like you could stay there forever. So soft and sweet, and that fabulous baby smell. Every time you do it, I swear to myself I'm never going to forget that moment. I love the way you smile at anyone and your world is so happy. All I do is try to emblazen those moments as best I can in my memories, because I know these days are so fleeting. I love you, Megan!
5 comments:
Happy 6 month Birthday Megan! Love the 1st picture, she is so precious Heather.
Carrie
awwww. heather that's beautiful. megan and the post!
Heather, wow! That was beautiful. Happy Birthday Megan! (I can't believe it's been 6 months already!)
Carmen
Time certainly does fly doesn't it!
What a cutie pie! Time does go by way to fast when you have little ones. It's absolutely amazing.
Post a Comment