Saturday, February 11, 2006

Super Grover!

Please note in this picture those fantastic cowboy boots Cameron is wearing. Before we even got out of the door this morning we had a battle of the shoes. Brent loves those boots just as much as I thought he would, which is not at all, whereas his son is completely infatuated with them. You can see who won.


We took Cameron to his first Sesame Street performance today. He loved it until about the last 15 minutes, and then he was done. But the program was a little longer than I thought it would be. It started at 10:30, and we got out at 12:10.




















Just to forewarn anyone who decides to go, plan on bringing about $500 with you. They are the smartest people on the planet with the marketing- I mean, how can you possibly deny your child one of these??
















Now, mind you, they sell these lovely balloons at intermission for $8, so that you can spend the second half of the show bobbing and ducking random gigantic Elmo heads. Make sure to look up at the top of the arena, so that you can see the hundreds of dollars worth of Elmos that have been set free from the random children, then causing mass hysteria much to the dismay of now broke parents.
Please also bring the thickest coat you own, as they keep the AC going at about 40 I think- hard enough that my hair was catching a breeze the whole time. I'm sure it's because of the poor people underneath all those furry costumes are suffocating for the duration of the performance. I wonder about those people in these things- I imagine how the conversation must go when someone asks them what they do for a living....

"What do you do for a living?"
"Me? Oh, I'm one of the lambs in a kilt singing "Old MacDonald had a lunch" in the Sesame Street Live show. What do you do?"

Try to top that one.

2 comments:

TracyDacy said...

LOVE those cowboy boots on Cam! I remember the first time we took Jared to SSL. As I recall he sat there speechless in awe for the first 15 mintues. Looks like you all had a blast!

Anonymous said...

What fun pics!!! Love the cowboy boots story.

Carmen