Brent: How was your day Cameron?
Cameron: I didn't have a day.
Brent: What do you mean you didn't have a day?
Cameron: Mommy didn't take me nowhere. I didn't have a day. You got to go to WORK!
This is apparently what I've conditioned my child for. He wakes up in the morning, and comes and asks me where we're going. If I tell him we're not going anywhere, he either A) thinks I'm full of it (which most of the time I am) or B) his life has lost meaning, and he no longer has a 'day' if he doesn't leave the confines of the house at least once.
Brent said I obviously have relayed my OCD ADD (as he fondly refers to it) condition onto our children since they seem to have an inability to enjoy any vegetation process of doing not much of anything. *sigh* It was only a matter of time.
Had a fabulous time this weekend- I did more scrapping in the last 3 days than in the last 3 months! It was so fun to have the Houston Boodles over for some scrapping on Saturday, and it's great to really get in a swing of things- scrapping for me is like a drug- the more I do it, the more I want it. I'm contemplating looking around for a few DT here and there, and submitting my work again. In 2004 I was active in submitting, and actually was lucky enough to be published, and was on a DT until the store closed. After that, I just kind of lost the urge for a while. It's back now- I like to have a deadline, to work as a team. I do miss that aspect of working outside the house. We shall see.... wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
You are an amazing scrapper I TOTALLY think you shoudl be submitting your work on a regualr basis! GOOD LUCK!!!
Thanks so much for hosting us Houston Boodles last weekend. It was fun even though I wasn't able to be there as long as I would have liked!
I agree with Breana, you should definitely submit your work...it's awesome!
Rita
Heather, you are an amazing scrapper! Any DT would be lucky to have you on it.
Carmen
You so have to submit, your stuff is great!
Carrie
Ditto what Carmen said - go for it!
good luck on the dt thing! and cam so couldn't be mine... to nick and i the perfect day is doing nothing! lol!!
IMHO you'd land any DT you applied for Heather...your stuff is OTT!
LOL at Cameron - I have one who says where are we going every 5 mins? The other would totally love to hang out with Shan and Nic!! :-)
Good Luck and i'll be looking for you in a mag very soon.
Your stuff is so awesome, any DT or mag would be totally hooked up with you in it! Good luck!!!
Post a Comment