Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Hearts Day!


I was at the grocery store this morning, and was surrounded by cheesiness. The things they come with now for the desperate last minute husbands. I told Brent to never bring me home anything wrapped in cellophane after what I saw today- if he ever felt the need to, just to come home and confess.
I did get some beautiful flowers today in a snazzy vase. The ones in the background were on the table at the Melting Pot Sunday (along with a cheesy bear, but once every few years is fine).
Cameron and I made the holiday cookies this afternoon- pink chocolate chips, with one or two actual sprinkles here and there- the rest of the sprinkles can be found on our kitchen floor- I think I'll try to pass them off as decorations. The little buggers roll verrrry far on hardwood floors.







The Melting Pot was fabulous as usual on Sunday- we went this year with the Trahan's and Cumberland's- mucho fun with at least a million worthwhile calories consumed. YUM. Always fun hanging out with great friends, too.









Saturday got together for Tiff's husband's birthday- Brent stayed home with sleeping children while I went to go "for and hour or so".... somehow that turned into 1 am, but I have no idea how. Had a blast though- first time in a long time I could hang out with Heather and Tiffany with no babies or babies on the way for any of us. It was one of those great nights where everyone had a blast. But geez, I'm getting old- definitely can't do that kind of thing too often anymore. Wish Brent would have been there though!

2 comments:

shannon said...

what a cool vase!! great pics of your outings! ;)

Anonymous said...

You guys always look great!!
Carmen