Friday, May 26, 2006

Happy 9 months, Megs!


Just the fact that it's already Memorial Day weekend is baffling to me, let alone that my little babe is now 9 months. Gramma was over last night and was looking through the scrapbook, and to look through my completely un-chronologically albums, you've grown so much so fast- it's amazing and beautiful, yet extremely scary all in the same moment.

You got to take your first road trip this month- we spent some FQT in San Antonio, visiting Sea World and saying hello to Shamu. You were great for the road trip, great during the day at Sea World, and then some crazy baby demon took over you at night in the hotel. I guess 2 out of 3 isn't too bad, eh? Overall though it was a great trip, and you got to go in a swimming pool for the first time, and just like the rest of the family, you are part fish and love it. Cotton candy was also experienced and enjoyed on this trip. :)

You also had your first trip to the zoo to see all the animals. You're a fabulous baby that we can take just about anywhere and you're great for it. I'm sure right now you're really remembering all these experiences and events, right?
I'm not sure how much sand is good for the digestive track, but I think you bordered on the unhealthy side of it with our trip to the beach this month. I promised I packed a lunch and plenty of snacks, but none of them tasted nearly as good to you as the sand did. You loved going out in the water and laughed every time the water would splash you.

We celebrated Mother's Day this month- my first one with you. I had a morning of walking for the Y-Me Mother's Day walk and came home to dressed and bathed children (yay for Daddy!). I just want to thank you for the cool new gadget for Gidget. I love it, and I promise all the pictures I take with it will be worth the loan you have to take out for that chunk of college tuition that went towards it. We spent the day with Gramma & Papa with some take out at their house- it was a really rainy afternoon so it was best just to stay inside. It was still a fun and relaxing day though, and you and your brother made me an adorable card that I will treasure always.

During the span of this month you have picked up speed and have managed to become faster than the three other humans in the house. There must be secret Baby Marathons out there we don't know about that you're training for, because you can pull up, crawl, zoom, pull, grab, eat and get at anything quicker than the blink of an eye. I hope there's a big prize or something for it, because being your personal trainer is giving me a run for my money.

Right after your 8 month birthday you started clapping and sitting up from lying down. Now you can sit up so fast you look like one of those punching bags that bobbles around, and you can flip over quicker than I can flip a pancake when I'm trying to change your diaper.

The Mutual Adoration Society continues with you and your brother- your face lights up as soon as he walks in the room, and you laugh and squeal at him all the time- it's really funny to watch the two of you in the rearview mirror interacting. He will make the silliest faces to get a laugh out of you. You love to hear yourself and squeal as loud as any 5 year old can.

Meanwhile, I'm still in search of finding a food you won't eat- I haven't found one yet (I even tried pickles last night) and although you are still the toothless wonder, I believe I could give you a T-bone and you would find a way to chew it and devour it. I'm not sure where you put all this food you consume, because you're still perfectly proportionate, and now you're in the 30% for height/weight... petite is good for girls (I wouldn't know personally, it's just what I've heard).
You're absolutely beautiful, and a charm to everyone who comes around you. I can't remember life without you!
Love you,
Mama

9 comments:

TracyDacy said...

Happy 9-month birthday Megan!

Anonymous said...

Happy 9 month birthday Megan!

Carrie

Anonymous said...

Heather, you really put all of us wannabe like heather journalers to shame...

I love reading your posts! I cannot believe she is already 9 months!

Carmen

Kache said...

Love the b&w pictures, happy b-day megan!

Unknown said...

Love all the pics! Great recap, too!

Anonymous said...

Happy 9-months Megan! Can't believe it's already 9 months :) I love reading your monthly recaps Heather and the pictures are always too cute!

Breana said...

i love how you do this heather! its awesome! Happy 9 months Megan! I can't believe it!

Brandy said...

Give her diet coke, that and olives make Dylan cringe. He still ate them, but made the Mr Yuck face

Jaime said...

Oh I just love that picture of her looking through the window. You are getting so good with Gidget!