Friday, August 18, 2006

Prep time


for Meg's birthday party Sunday.

Today I made cookies and chocolate dipped pretzels. Yes, that's my wine glass you see in the picture. The day wouldn't have been complete without it. (for the record, no, I am not an alcoholic. It's just Friday, and Fridays aren't complete without some wine.) We made a trip to Noah's Ark this morning, came home and Heather helped me decorate cookies (in case you are wondering, I do not speak in 3rd person, I really do have a friend named Heather) for Megan's party Sunday. Tomorrow I have to get all the food ready. I was crazy to have the party at my house, with only being here a month. It's driving me crazy that the painters haven't come yet. He came this morning and gave me the quote, and offered to start tomorrow, but I was worried about him getting finished by Sunday, so no paint yet. :(
We met Brent for lunch yesterday at the downtown Aquarium for the afternoon. Cam loves it down there. Doesn't happen too often that the busy guy can squeeze us in for lunch, but it is nice when it happens.
We also experienced Floam for the first time this week. Pretty cool stuff, but it doesn't dry all that great. These are Cam's floam creatures- what are supposed to be a mouse and a spider. They look cool in the picture, but I should have a before and after they sat for a while. Hmm...


Got my hair chopped this week. LOVE it. Was so sick of not having a style. Sorry Brent, the long hair just wasn't working for me. Hope you understand. I gave it my best shot.

We also got our new breakfast table and bar stools this week, and a I finally finished (with some help from Brent at the end) painting the guest bathroom. It is no longer poo, but just a nice dark brown. Now, to decorate. I think I like knocking the bathrooms out so well because they're easy to conquer and I feel accomplished, like doing mini albums. (True scrapper when you relate real life to scrap stuff, huh?)
Cam also had his 4 year check up this week- 41 lbs and 41 1/4"...he's hanging in the 75% height/weight.... and geez is it ever crazy to me how big he is getting! It's crazy now, and I won't talk about it too long, because I will get a little sappy, but he's at that 'boy' age where I can picture him as a teenager and what he'll look like, and it scares the hell out of me.
Also made it to Mud Pie... I love that place! Cam made a hand print plate at story time, so now we have one that is almost exactly a year apart from the last one. Can't wait to see it and see the change.
Anyways, just an update to the busy life... Cameron's doing great in karate, on his way to an orange belt!

8 comments:

Kache said...

What cute cookies for the bday party! Sounds like the house is really coming together

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's already time for Meg's first birthday party, she's growing up so fast. Totally cute cookies and those foamies are so fun!

And I'm so with you, Friday just isn't Friday without that glass of wine.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Megs!!

I can't believe she is already ONE!!!

Carmen

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Megs!! Have fun being one!!

THe cookies look yummy.

Carrie

Rita said...

Love the kitchen table! Can't wait to see it in person. The cookies also look awesome. Do we get wine with them tomorrow?

Remind me to tell you my floam story.

I picked up the quart of paint from my house today and will bring it tomorrow.

Breana said...

OMG i can't believe she's already going to be ONE!!! The cookies look great! Can't wait to hear all about the party and she some awesome pics!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGS!!!

shannon said...

happy birthday meg pie!
love floam. cam's creations look great!

Brandy said...

I can't believe I've known Cam since before he can talk. Insane!!!