Tuesday, September 05, 2006

feeling random.











these 4 & 3 day weekends have thrown me for a loop- last week came and went before I could blink, and now Tuesday is already over...

  • the inside of our house is finally painted. Yay! the painters came and did all the outer areas- living, foyer, hallways, game room. Brent and I finished off the kitchen last night. The kitchen is Burlap, and all the other areas are Whole Wheat. They're both from Sherwin Williams. LOVE the look! Here's some pictures of the house- I know I have waited waaay too long- *sorry* I'm posting pics of the family room, with some of my family actually in it :) doing what they do best.... and the guest bath (brevity brown) and the kiddos bath (turquoise gem), the foyer with our new piece for the art niche, the gallery pics ( I know, I showed a pic before) the view into the kitchen from the family room , the breakfast room, the master bath (blonde) and the master bedroom which I (sometimes we) did not paint. I want to thank Rita for all her help with the paint colors, for they would not be what they are if I had not directly 'lifted most, if not all (okay all) of her colors. I am not showing the office or the formal dining because they have no furniture other than scrap crap and boxes, and toys, in that order, in them.
  • went out to this REALLY neat place called Laurie's on Friday with the Anitameister.... LOVE that place. MIL surprised us with a ton of new very cool stuff for the house as an early anniversary present, and found some very neat pics to go in their future house, along with a bday present for SIL. Good time, good day.
  • went to the Movie Tavern with Brent Sat night for a date WOOHOO! Saw Invincible (very good!) and had a great time. We don't do that nearly enough. Some times it's good to just remember what it's like to have fun together.
  • Went and saw my brother and his girlfriend/fiancee Monday. I really like her more and more the more I'm around her. She's so good for Nick, and that is really great. It's still strange sometimes now talking with Nick as an adult, thinking about him being a father... crazy! But so exciting too! Exciting for babies (who doesn't love babies??) and exciting to have more family that's a part of our lives. LOVE it.
  • My little trashy girl- all those cute clothes in the closet, and here she is, stripped down, probably because I had already changed her clothes 3 times that day. Doing her usual move. All these months of seeing her do it, it still cracks me up. That thumb does not go in her mouth without that hand going behind her head. Every time.
  • 3 Scrappy Boys is having a Scrap off for the month of September- come check it out- challenges all month long, with great prizes!

8 comments:

Kache said...

Really nice wall colors, I especially like the teal-ish bathroom.

shannon said...

great colors. i need rita to come help me! ;)

Anonymous said...

Great choice of colors for the house, looks awesome :) I can't wait to see the office when you've got it all ready.

And as for miss Megs, she looks mighty comfy to me!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures of your house, and the colors. I'm with Shannon, I need Rita to come to my house. WI is not too far from MI Rita ;)

Unknown said...

Your house is beautiful, Heather! I love that dark brown in the bathroom. Makes me wanna redo my house! I'm with Lisa...Meg looks comfy!

Rita said...

I saw the house in person yesterday amd it looks even more beautiful than the pictures. Heather has done so much work in such a short amount of time! The colors all look awesome...and I think I'm going to "lift" the teal color for my kids' bathroom upstairs.

Brandy said...

How irritating that you have everything painted. We still have blue tape up in the hall and bedroom because we can't be bothered to cut it off. I even moved everything in and put up the drapes. Dylan looks best naked too, it is a baby thing

Rachel said...

I love the colors you chose...awesome!!!