Monday, September 25, 2006

Happy 13 month Birthday Megs!


Lucky month 13! Woot! This month has been that month that you decided since you're the big 'ONE' now, you can vocalize and protest much more than before.... especially with Big Bro. Whatever he has, you want. Of course, this is one of those things where I'm not sure what came first, because Cameron has wanted what you have from day 1, so maybe you just are finally catching on that you can do it too.
Right after our trip to Lake Travis, you started learning how to stand up without assistance- that butt up in the air to get balance move. Before that you were crawling to the nearest object to creep back up to standing.
You and Cameron got to spend a night with Gramma this month while I went to CKU- Daddy went over in the evening, but you guys stayed there Thursday night since he gets up so early for work. And then Friday night Daddy got to hold down the fort all to himself with the two of you until I got home Saturday evening. No visible damage was done, and none was admitted to while I was gone, so I'll just assume everything went perfect!
You've added "bath" to your vocabulary this month- if your next word is 'vacuum' or 'clean' I'll become a little concerned that you're taking after the AR factor that is so present in our family.
We celebrated Madison's first birthday this month, and Gramma's birthday (she's 18). We also celebrated Cameron getting his Orange belt- yay! He thanks you for letting him practice all thos moves on you.
You love to look at books all the time now- not always in the right direction, but you look at them so intently I almost believe you can read upside down sometimes. Your favs are the "baby's book of ABC's" and "baby's book of colors" but you show no preference when it comes to pulling them off the shelves into a large pile. You have no interest in any baby dolls, other than to pick them up and chunk them straight on the floor. Maybe with time....
You also absolutely love being outside right now- which thankfully it hasn't been miserable being outside lately, so I don't mind. You usually cry when we have to come in. You just love to wander all around, "running" in that drunken sailor fashion, just checking things out, stating that independence of yours. I love it! You're growing so much every day, just reaching out a little more on your own, though you still love to come back and snuggle now and then. What a great place to be!
I love you baby- Happy Birthday!
Mama

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!

Carrie

Breana said...

these pics are so cute!

Kache said...

The picture of her reading is great

Brandy said...

Can she teach Dylan a word or two?