Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I am so discombobulated...

I'm not sure if that's a real word, but it's mine for now if it is.

Happy 5th birthday Cam! Woot! A few days late, my poor son.... we had his party Monday, which was great, but turns out the poor guy has strep throat! I took him to the doctor this morning and got the news. Poo. SO I have an official birthday post coming, but just not yet...better late than never, right?

My husband broke his foot at our son's birthday party- we had his party at an inflatables place, and a little girl fell down the ladder on Brent, who was holding Megan at the bottom. Severe sprain, with a hairline fracture. Nice. Did I mention it was only about 10 minutes into the party?

And a little bit of Heather news....

I also am starting a J-O-B. Wow. Really really really didn't ever think I'd be saying those words again. Seriously. No desire to become a contributing member of society. BUT my church PR person called a month ago, and said that the youth director of the church needed an assistant, and she thought I'd be great at it. 16 hours a week, flexible schedule, work some from home, family friendly work enviro, would I be interested? Hmm... lemme think on that. Went in and met with the youth director and the Pastor's secretary, and it's totally up my alley. Working with kids, organizing events, being involved. All that stuff I lurve. We whittled it down to 12 hours a week, 8 at the church 2 days a week, and 4 at home. So, I start the 16th. Weird. But cool. Just kind of fell in my lap, and like I said, I wasn't looking, but when things come knocking... I think Brent's pretty excited just because he thinks it will curb my shopping. HA! Little does he know how much of a multi-tasker I am!

AND simultaniously, I became a Stampin' Up! demonstrator. Yes, I never like to do things easy I guess. lol. Anyways, I'm doing SU just because our old demonstrator quit on us, and we hadn't found one we liked as well, so I figured why not? :) SO, if you ever need something, let me know...

I think that's it.... 27 days until Cameron starts Kindergarten, and 25 until Megs is two. Wow.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Because your life wasn't crazy and hectic enough?? LOL Congrats on all the new news, except Brent's foot, ow! Hope it heals quickly.

Mellie said...

Congratulations on the new job, I work about from 16 to 24 hours a week and it is perfect. Still lots of time for other things too!
Happy Birthday to Cameron as well!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the new Job....I have just recently started working again after 10 years at my LSS just one day a week and one saturday a month...it was good for me to get out and do that though.I actually look forward to going...well of course it is Scrapbooking so I would. I am sure you will love it after you get into the swing of it.
Thanks for the comment on my blog about my digi layouts...Now I can finally say I did a digi layout...LOL
peace
Kim Bolyard

Rachel said...

Great news on the job..sounds like its right up your alley!! Poor Brent..hope it heals quickly and a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Cameron!!

Rebecca said...

Poor DH! Wishing him fast healing. Congrats on the job. Sounds perfect! I've never looked at SU stuff before but maybe I will now. ;)

Brandy said...

You Kellers and your injuries, you know I am waiting for the post where you faint and bash your head in... I am glad you are my SU Demonstrator, I just hope we make it worth your while...

shannon said...

ouch for brent.
congrats on the job!
hope cam's feeling better!

Kache said...

Your J-O-B sounds pretty G-O-O-D. Most don't. Good luck with that at the SU stuff! Hope Cam and DH are feeling better soon.

Susan said...

i am always amazed at the amount of balls you are able to juggle in the air! makes me feel like such a slacker!

Breana said...

wow. hope cam and brent are feeling better soon! yay on the new job and the SU thing!