Friday, August 24, 2007

you know it's been a long car ride...

when your kids are in the backseat saying this over and over again:

cameron: Megan, what month is it?
megan: Hot Dog!

and laughing hysterically like it's the funniest thing in the world...

the trip was fabulous- Sea World was a great time, and the resort was awesome, and the company perfect! Definitely a do-again! Our kids were great troopers on a day at SW that had a heat index of over 100- we were all pretty melted by days end, but it was great to come back to the hotel and float the lazy river and hang out at the pool. Having Kurstee with us was awesome too- we got a "date night" with all the adults- superb!

Check out all the blondies-

Took the girls to get their hair cut this week... Miss Megs now has some bangs-and she actually sat still for it, so they're straight! *phew!* I think I was holding my breath during the process! And I colored and highlighted Kurstee hair for her Wednesday night- no pics yet- she's surprising Shelley :)

Went to parent orientation last night at the school.... and then went out to dinner with JUST my husband! WOOT! Again, courtesy of the fabulous Kurstee. Anyways, I started sniffling all over again after the orientation, and over my glass of wine starting doing the "our baby is starting Kindergarten, are you SURE you can't imagine us having another baby?" Rock on! I got a "90/10"

So you're saying there is a chance...I'll try again in a year when Megan starts preschool. :)

AND, Sabrina and Shaun's baby rolled in at around 8:30 last night! Landon Michael, 19 1/1 inches long, 6 pounds, 13 ounces. Yay! I can't wait to go see him tomorrow afternoon- Brandy and I are going to head over there after I take Cameron to the meet and greet at the elementary school.

This weekend is Miss Megs' birthday party- she turns the big TWO on Saturday! Brent can hardly wait. He loves kiddie parties, especially when it's a ton of kids running around screaming in our house. Could you hear the extreme sarcasm in that last sentence?

And we're keeping our Em and Ethan overnight Saturday night- it'll be the first time we get to babysit our nephew Ethan- he's almost five months now! I'm so excited!

3 comments:

Kache said...

Bangs on little kids are so cute!
Glad you had such a fun time on the trip...good luck at the birthday party! No bloodshed hopefully.

Diana said...

It looks like a great time was had by all - that is awesome. Can't wait to see the pages you scrap from it all.

Your little girl is adorable.

I know what you mean about the little ones growing up. I did the kindergarten thing with my son last year. I'm still in disbelief that he is going into the 1st grade!

Rita said...

Had an awesome time at SeaWorld!! Loved having Kurstee around. I know you're gonna miss her.

Birthday party was a blast today. Can't wait to see all Brandy's pics. And, yay, for no bloodshed. :-)