

Busy, busy Megan... the month has been another full one for you (and us!) . You're a grabby girl these days- anything within your reach is grabbed and in The Amazing Drooling Mouth. Cam & I have a game we play with you- you're "The Pink Monster" who comes and slimes all of his Batman & Superman figurines. Sorry, you have been exploited.
You had your first overnight visit on your 6 month birthday with Gramma & Papa. I cried. A lot. It was an impromptu overnight visit, so I didn't have time to prepare for it at all. We got back a lot later than we thought we would from the cookoff, and your Daddy thought (and he was right) that it was just mean to go wake up you & your brother to bring you home at one in the morning. You did fabulous, and I was there bright and early to get you. There's never a doubt of you being in great hands, it's just that they're not mine is all.
You were 15 lbs, 9 oz. at your 6 month check, and 25 1/4" long. You are sitting in the 45-50% percentile. Not big, not small. Just perfect. :)
You made the amazing discovery of your ears this month- sometimes I think you're going to rip them right off of your head you twist and pull on them so much. I thought at first it was an ear infection, but it's just you trying to yank them off your head.
We also attended church for the first time since you've been born. The doors stayed intact when we walked through, amazingly enough. We really like this church, and want to continue going. That page in you & your brother's baby books stares at me all the time with a terrible guilt "religous upbringing" and "christening" are all left blazingly blank....I do feel it's a void that needs to be filled (not just in the baby book- in our lives).
You have mastered the knack of flinging anything that comes into your hands. I'm always amazed with the grace with which you do it, and the distance that things can fly. You're drinking from a sippy cup now, although the original one I got you has gotten flung too many times- as soon as you saw the straw cup your brother has, that's what you want, and you nag & grab at it mercilessly until he caves and lets you have a drink.
The interaction between the two of you is so adorable- you really have such a great big brother. Don't get me wrong, he does have his times that you annoy him, but I have to say if you were trying to gouge my eye out, I might get annoyed with you too.

You are eating chicken now- both in baby food form and in table food form. That tooth we thought had come for sure went back into hibernation, but you can gum things with grace.
When I took this picture of you, I couldn't help laugh. I cannot deny that that is the 'look' that could have only come from me, and to see it on a 7 month old is just incredibly hilarious to me.

Happy Birthday, my spunky little baby!
Love, Mama
9 comments:
She is so darn adorable!!! Happy 7 month Birthday Megan!
WOW! Wow! wow!! Heather you continuously amaze me. I love your story telling skills!
Happy Birthday, Megan!
Carmen
What a cutie! And ditto Carmen about your story telling/writing skills. You should it professionally.
Happy 7 month B'day Megan!
Carrie
you are the journaling queen! i bow down before you!! happy birthday megs!
Those pictures are so flippin cute!
She is so precious. Both of your kids are. You are really getting good at photography too! And like others have mentioned-your journaling is amazing. I just read and hold onto every word. You have amazing talent! Happy Birthday Megan!
She is such a cutie!!!! Like everyone has said your story telling is great!!! I was memorized by every word. Pictures are awesome too!!!
What great pictures Heather. Happy 7 month birthday little Megan!!
Love all the pics! Happy 7 month Birthday, Megan!
Post a Comment