Started the undesirable chore of packing today. Yuck. The house is going on the market at the end of the month, so I've started on closets and my scrap room first. The positive in this is that in packing up my scrap room (which means just consolidating with accessibility at the moment) I've come to realize that when you have to look at something and wonder,"Do I really want to move this with me? I've been saying I was going to use it for the last two years....." At the moment the 'Give Away' box is just as full as the 'move' box. Which means I shall need to replenish when I have a whole ROOM to fill up in the new house! Yeah!
I think we're going to rent a storage unit while the house is being shown, just to move some of the toys, scrap stuff, extra furniture into so the house doesn't look so 'full'. Our house isn't cluttered or cramped or anything, but babies produce a million large toys, as 3 year olds produce many riding toys, and millions of teensy tiny toys that seem to reproduce while we're all sleeping. And we have a couch, love seat and chair w/ ottoman in the living room, and I think we're going to take the chair out to make it flow a little better. I wonder if I could make the big screen TV 'vanish' while we're at it.... I loathe big screen TVs in living rooms. They are gigantic black boxes that could eat a whole family. Our real estate agent is coming by on Monday to give me a low down on everything. A little nervous, since this is our first house to sell. I'm the most worried about timing- getting into the new house and selling this one at the same time. I hope the stars align right for it all....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good Luck with the sale Heather - if you need extra space to store your scrapping stuff.. just let me know :-)
ps totally hear you on the flat screen thingie..men and their toys - ack!
Good luck getting everything ready to show the house! Good idea renting storage space.
good luck. i can't wait to hear about your adventures. nick and i want to build in a few years and i so do not look forward to selling and packing!
Post a Comment