
tis the season! The countdown is on, and my crazy ass went to the mall today! It seems to be my tradition that every year I get all my Christmas shopping done before all the madness starts, and then remember that last little gift I had to get that I can only buy at the mall of course. My luck just seems to work like that. Actually it seems to work like that I would decide to go to the mall when it so happens a car would burn down in the parking lot while I was in the mall, making the bad, awful traffic that much worse to try to get out of there. Not to mention if my children end up with an extra eyeball in the next couple of days, I will know that it was from inhaling fumes from a burning car. That is one terrible smell. Luckily the Toeha (as Cam refers to it) was safe from any explosions that may have occured.
I actually went out on a limb and bought some new jeans today and a couple of shirts.... although both my children have enough clothing to open their own store, I on the other hand seem to rotate my way through the same shirts over and over again. I decided I'm tired of trying to remember every time I get dressed in the morning who saw me in what shirt, and who I might possibly run into that day. And yes, I have been known to wear the same shirt two days in a row if there has not been much activity in, on, or around said shirt. SO I'm turning over a new shopping leaf. Brent will be thrilled.
Had a fun weekend, gone in a flash as all holiday weekends seem to go. Had a good time Friday night at Brent's company party after we transferred to the 'cool' table. Swear my husband knows how to pick the dud table every time. I decided from now on we're going to make sure we're late, but not so late there's no seat left at the cool table. You have to time it perfectly.
Saturday we had a birthday party in the afternoon, and dinner with Rita & Jim Saturday night. It was the first time for the hubbies to meet, but it went great. I had a lot of fun and so did Brent. You never know with guys how those things will go, but they're both salesmen, so they could BS their way through anything I suppose. I got to hear some great stories that only slightly marred Rita's perfect view I had of her. :P It's always great to know that when you meet the right people, you can always make time for another great friend in your life, even if you don't think you can.
Sunday Brent went to the Texans game (and they actually won for the first time!) and I took Cameron & Megan to another birthday party.
We have the Mutual Admiration Society going on right now with Megan & me. Love this stage. Everything she does is adorable and cute, and she laughs at me all the time and always has a smile. Even when I'm feeding her in the car before we go in the mall, simultaneously trying to eat a grilled chicken sandwich, and proceed to drop a tomato on her face. She thought it was hilarious. So did Cameron, who made sure he told his dad as soon as he came home today. I'm keeping an eye on her cheek to make sure she's not allergic to tomatoes...
1 comment:
love the pic of you and brent. you guys look great! cam sounds like the bestest big brother and it totally seems like just yesterday megan was born!
Post a Comment