Saturday, December 10, 2005

Friends...

started out the day realizing that some people who are friends aren't the friends i really want anymore. Have you ever became friends with someone, and wished later you could rewind your friendship, back to a time when you liked them better and didn't know so much? I feel that way now. Sucks.
Cameron and I made sugar cookies today. I know- just what we needed was more sugar in the house. After Wednesday with all the goodies. But we didn't make the sugar cookies on Wednesday and Cam was asking, so we spent the afternoon with the cookie cutters, making a big mess, eating tons of raw, unhealthy dough, and having fun. Oh, and got some cookies out of it. That are...um...really cute after we got done decorating them.
Sabrina and Shaun came over tonight with Madison. What a CHUNK! So cute though. Feel bad for them though- they're going through the whole freak out that seems to happen with most new parents. That "OMG I'm trapped in this life now and can't go out tonight anymore (even thought they wouldn't have gone out anyway, but I guess that's not the point)! More Shaun than Sabrina really- I think it's a guy thing. I think they needed to get out of the house though, so I'm glad they came over tonight. Played some Tripoly & Scrabble (geez, do we sound like old married folk, or what?!?) and drank a few glasses of wine.
Tomorrow should be fun- we have portraits at 10:30 with W & J what fun..... I keep telling myself it's for a good cause, since I know A&F will love it when it's done. But 5 kids and 4 adults walking away with a successful portrait... I think my odds are better at the slots. We shall see. Not to mention the costume change in the middle adds a special element of fun to it all.

1 comment:

shannon said...

i totally understand about the friend thing....
yum. cookies. i'm going to have a bake-a-thon right after vacation..can't wait. and a night of friends and games sound perfect. heck it's what me and my friends do too!